TV NEWS MOM

TV NEWS MOM
Christine Park

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween's Over, Now What?

I just spent 15 minutes sorting through my two kids' Halloween buckets, picking out the "good" candy, like Twix (my fave!), Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and Butterfingers. But then I ended up with three pounds of the "undesirable" candy... or, like I like to call pinata filler. (Smarties, Jawbreakers, and Tootsie Rolls).

Then I stumbled upon this article in the Fresno Bee about some dentists who will pay cash for candy ($1 per pound). The dentists then donate it to Operation Gratitude, a national nonprofit organization that sends the candy and care packages to U.S. soldiers overseas.

Here are some participating dentists in the Fresno area:

Dr. Treva Lee's office at 2630 N. Fresno St., will collect candy between 4 and 6 p.m. today.

Dr. Tamer Michiel's office at 3796 N. Fresno St., will also collect candy between 4 and 6 p.m. today.

Dr. Michael T. Bodensteiner 4148 S. Demaree St. in Visalia will buy candy between 3 and 5 p.m. today through the next few days.

This is a win-win situation. Less cavities for the kids, and you get to help out a smile-worthy cause. Now how to convince the kiddos to part with a bucket full of candy. I think it's time to instill the fear of the dentist drill. LOL

1 comment:

  1. twix is my fav too!! what a great post i'll have to keep it in mind for next year. what we do is recycle the candy back into the candy bowl of give away candy so my kids usually only end up with 3 days worth of candy. :)

    ReplyDelete