Tuesday, December 18, 2012
ShopSmart magazine, from the publisher of Consumer Reports, highlights 2012’s best sites and free apps that can save shoppers time and money.
Here’s a selection of super sites that make shopping fun and easy – and can help shoppers find cool stuff to buy:
• CouponBlender.com highlights the best deals from dozens of coupon sites.
• HandBagHeaven.com features beautiful bags at deep discounts; free shipping for purchases over $50.
• MyGroceryDeals.com allows shoppers to enter their grocery list in the Quick Shop tool to see where the stuff is on sale; the list can also be sent to a phone.
• TechBargains.com is a great resource for deals on electronics and gift cards.
• TheBudgetBabe.com helps shoppers locate hot celeb styles for less.
Shopping apps are also a great resource for discounts and more – here are some of ShopSmart’s favorites from the past year:
• CardStar consolidates users store loyalty cards into one app and helps get in-store discounts when presented at checkout. Works on: Android, Apple, BlackBerry and Windows.
• Grocery Smarts Coupon Shopper matches store circulars with manufacturer coupons so users can see where they can save the most. Works on: Android.
• RetailMeNot has gone mobile. Users can score coupon codes when shopping on their phone. Works on: Apple.
• ShopKick can earn users points (called kicks) when just fir entering a participating location then cash them in for free merchandise or meals. Link a credit card and score even more perks. Works on: Android and Apple.
• Walgreens is the best overall drugstore app for managing a family’s healthcare. Users can refill prescriptions, set reminders to take medications, and access coupons and offers right from their phone. Works on: Android, Apple, and BlackBerry.
Posted by TV News Mom at 9:36 PM