TV NEWS MOM

TV NEWS MOM
Christine Park

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Personalized Mother's Day Gifts


I'm a sentimental fool. Which explains why I cherish personalized gifts. Hand towels are merely towels until they have a monogram on them.  Coasters made from my Instagram pictures.... swoon! A necklace with my kids' birthstones... I already have one!

To me, personalized gifts convey extra thought, meaning, and effort. Which is why last year , my husband got extra points. He got me this $40 handprint canvas kit from Red Envelope. Adorable. Mommy, daddy, daughter and son... a square for each member of the family. It hangs proudly in our playroom, a reminder of small hands and big hearts for years to come.

Mother's Day is Sunday, May 13th. Less than a week away. If you're stumped, consider one of these fun, personalized gifts I found:

I recently discovered this little company called All Aboard Custom Wood Signs. I've already ordered two of their personalized sign blocks.  The quality is excellent, and I've never paid full price ($80). Check their Facebook page for coupons. Any mom would proudly display this on the mantel.


These $26 frames "I Heart Mommy" collages are really cute. You can also choose from Grandma, Grandpa, and Daddy. Pre-fill each letter cutout with a favorite photo of the kids, grandkids, etc.






Along the same lines, bring your family tree to life with the $39.99 "Heritage Tree" from Things Remembered. This is a gift that can be passed down through the generations and used to teach the children of their heritage.







There's a ton of personalized jewelry out there. But these are two that caught my eye:
How cute are these vintage love letter necklaces?  A bit pricey at $89.95 but the envelope locket contains a small attached “letter” that may be personalized with a unique message... mom can wear close to her heart.

These $24 Personalized Monogram Necklaces on Etsy are different because each piece has the option to have charms created from your child's own handwriting.


 I've been getting a TON of half-off coupons for gallery-style canvases. The latest one is $34 for a 16"x20", including shipping and handling. That is a steal! I've used a similar service several times, including for Mother's Day last year, and the results have been stunning each time.

You can turn a favorite family photo, vacation picture, whatever you please, into a work of art.

Whether mom is a gardener, chef, athlete, or tech savvy gadget geek, there are countless gifts you can personalize.

Check these websites for some ideas:

Things Remembered
Red Envelope
Personalized Gifts
Lillian Vernon
Personalization Mall

Obviously roses and chocolates, massages and manicures, brunch and bubbly are always appreciated. But why not make that extra effort this year to come up with something different to show mom how much you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment